“In life, it’s not about where you go, it’s who you travel with.”
~Charles M. Schulz
Throughout our 31 year marriage and our many, many moves with Tex’s military career, we have always lived by this motto.
Imagine our surprise when, the day after our 30th anniversary in July 2016, we were walking through the trees at Salt Creek Recreation Area in Port Angeles, WA when Susan happened to look down into a large hollowed out tree stump and found this rock! It was hidden by a member of the Sequim Rocks Facebook group who paints and hides rocks throughout the Olympic Peninsula of Washington.
It was serendipity! We are so blessed to be able to live and travel full time together and finding this rock with this exact quote on it was just magical!
Tex is currently active duty in the U.S. Coast Guard and has served for almost 30 years. We have lived in in many, many places throughout his career but there are so many places that we have not been and we want to see and experience it all!
As we set sail on this epic journey, we hope that you will travel along with us and enjoy the voyage! We will be sharing everything, including RV park reviews, boondocking locations, and lots of info about things to do and places to eat and so much more! You won’t want to miss it!
We would really love it if you would comment or share our posts and if you have suggestions on destinations or any tips, they would be greatly appreciated!
The Coastie Castaway Crew
- Father of two grown daughters
- Grandfather of three grandsons
- U.S. Coast Guard Retired – served over 30 years
- B.S ., 2007, Communication and Management, University of Phoenix
- Can do just about anything from building houses to building engines and everything in between. Can fix just about anything that breaks.
- Mother of two grown daughters
- Nana of three grandsons
- Former Executive Assistant with several credit unions and Administrative Assistant with U.S. Coast Guard
- Attended Oklahoma Christian University
- Enjoys cross stitch and photography
Elsie Mae and Bonnie
- Born May 3, 2009
- Twin sisters
- Bonnie was a gift to Susan’s brother. He passed away in 2012 and we brought Bonnie to live us and her twin sister.
- Super smart
- Love to travel
Our Land Yacht Home
- Built in 2015 by Newmar
- 41′ Model 4002
- 400 HP Cummins engine, Allsion 3000 transmission on Freightliner chassis
- Comfort Drive with adjustable control
- 22 cubic ft. Residential refrigerator with ice/water in door
- 3 slides (one full wall slide), sleeps 7
- Hydronic zone diesel heat with continuous hot water
- Dual couches
- Washer/dryer combo
- Winegard Trav’lr DirecTV Satellite
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
- Seats 5
- Cloth seats
- 7 spoke wheels
- 1 ¾” lift
- Rockhard 4×4 off-road front bumper with tow bar brackets
- Rugged Ridge off-road rear bumper
- 2016 Polaris RZR 900 EPS Trail Edition
- 50” wide
- 75 HP ProStar 900 EFI engine
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- A TON of mods and accessories added
- (Pic is taken brand new, before any mods)
Not part of our Crew but with us in spirit:
Our two grown daughters, Megan and Amanda and their families.
Megan teaches Middle school and High school in the Dillingham School District in Dillingham, Alaska. Prior to this she has taught elementary school in both Gambell and Atqasuk, Alaska and Oklahoma City, OK. Megan and her husband Aaron were married in 2013 in Atqasuk, Alaska, where they met. Aaron is a Native Inupiat Eskimo. They have a 3 year old son, Caleb Dean Qalluuraq Gunderson and just had our newest grandson, Henry Vale Pamiauq Gunderson, on August 14, 2016.
Amanda teaches 2nd grade in the Deer Creek School District in OKC. Amanda and her husband James were married in 2014. James is a 7th grade Algebra in Western Heights School District in OKC. They had their first son in December 2015, named Kegan Emit Harrison.
So, that about sums it up!
We really hope that you will come aboard and join us on our journey because:
“In life, it’s not about where you go, it’s who you travel with”
~Charles M. Schulz
and we really want to take this journey with you!
We also hope to meet you out on the road. We publish our itinerary on the right side of this website. So if we are going to be in your area, or you are coming to our area, please let us know. We love to meet new Friends!
~Tex and Susan